|NOUN || a hysterical person | hysterical persons / hysterical people |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- When Hitler was told that the only person in casual clothes was Italian, he jumped out of the tank and eyeing Montanelli like a madman, began a ten-minute hysterical speech followed by military salute and exit.
- Bethshua suffered "hysterical blindness" and convulsions, and in the middle of one trial she threw a shoe at an accused person’s head.
- Kirby, commenting upon his influences in drawing the character, recalled as inspiration witnessing in person the hysterical strength of a mother lifting a car off her trapped child.
- The two comedians had certain recurring qualities to the characters they played, with Dieudonné playing a person who was imposing and unstable, while Élie played a man who was small and hysterical.
- As teams struggled through the swamp, Team Fogal Family and Team Southie Boys allied but Kayte of Team Fogal Family became hysterical.
- He becomes hysterical and jumps through a window to his death.
- They often wrote about his hysterical fans and referred to him as "The perfect popstar".
- As a form of treatment, the husband forbids the unnamed woman from working or writing and encourages her to eat well and get plenty of air so that she can recuperate from what he calls a "temporary nervous depression – a slight hysterical tendency", a common diagnosis in women at the time.
- as a bunch of stereotyped hysterical man-hating fanatics who seek power and control rather than true equality.
- Dalrymple urge Granville to testify at her trial that she is hysterical in order to prevent her from being sent to prison.
- Each fear thereby came with its own type of disorder; when the fear of love was dominant, Riemann spoke of schizoid people; when it was the fear of loneliness, he spoke of depressed persons; fear of change corresponded with obsessive characteristics; and fear of constancy brought out "hysterical" personalities.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!