Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Synthesizers have proven a valuable tool for composers wanting to experiment with just intonation.
- (316 cents, a minor third in just intonation, or a slightly sharp minor third in equal temperament) based on cluster analysis of a large number of blue notes from early blues recordings.
- A perfect fourth in just intonation corresponds to a pitch ratio of 4:3, or about 498 cents (...), while in equal temperament a perfect fourth is equal to five semitones, or 500 cents (see additive synthesis).
- To allow extended just intonation, composer Ben Johnston uses a sharp as an accidental to indicate a note is raised 70.6 cents (ratio 25:24), and a flat to indicate a note is lowered 70.6 cents.
- Diatonic scales can be tuned variously, either by iteration of a perfect or tempered fifth, or by a combination of perfect fifths and perfect thirds (Just intonation), or possibly by a combination of fifths and thirds of various sizes, as in well temperament.
- Many microtonal equal divisions of the octave have been proposed, usually (but not always) in order to achieve approximation to the intervals of just intonation.
- The name "meantone temperament" derives from the fact that all such temperaments have only one size of the tone, while just intonation produces a major tone and a minor one, differing by a syntonic comma.
- Harmonics may be either used in or considered as the basis of just intonation systems.
- So there is no way to have both the octave and the major third in just intonation for all the intervals in the same twelve-tone system.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!