Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- "The Painting Laird" (though he did not yet hold the title of laird) studied first under Peter Graham R.A.
- John Service relates an Ayrshire legend that an Irish Giant came to mock the warlock Laird of Auchenskeith who lived near Dalry and the laird chased him across to Eglinton where the giant went to crush him with a great beech tree.
- Geordie works as assistant to his father, the local laird's head gamekeeper.
- Laird (...) is the owner of a large, long-established Scottish estate.
- His son Francis became laird of Templehall, and William became laird of Vogrie. A third son, John Cockburn, lived at Blackfriars in London.
- He wrote that Alexander Hume of Manderston was married to the old laird's sister Jean, and the courtier Sir George Home, later Earl of Dunbar, was the nephew of the murdered laird.
- Nos 24‒26: In 'The Country Laird. A Tale by John Miller' a young laird befriends and eventually marries the secret wife of his late brother and mother of that brother's son.
- Alexander Drummond was the son of Robert Drummond 3rd laird of Carnock and Marion Monteith daughter of laird of West Carse.
- In 1531 the laird of Cowden was involved in a feud with the laird of Colgrane. In 1549 a Thomas Sprewill de Coldon (sic) is recorded.
- The story of the young laird John Wemyss of Logie who was arrested and imprisoned in Dalkeith Palace in August 1592 but escaped with the help of his Danish girlfriend Margaret Vinstarr is told in the ballad, "The Laird o Logie".
- Sir Donald Gorme Macdonald, 8th Laird of Sleat, and 1st Baronet (died 1643) was a Scottish laird.
- Laird is a courtesy title which applies to the owner of certain long-established Scottish estates; the title being attached to the estate.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!