|NOUN || a land power | land powers |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Pursuing a conservative policy to maintain Athens as a land power, he was one of the chief opponents of the naval policy proposed by Themistocles.
- The polis of Sparta was the greatest military land power of classical Greek antiquity.
- For over 150 years, Sparta became the dominant land power of Greece, with the Spartiates hoplites serving as the core of its army.
- Pape also argues that air power and land power should be integrated and used together in a "hammer and anvil" fashion.
- This ice-free natural harbor of Port Arthur/Lüshun would serve to make Russia a great sea as well as the largest land power.
- All the aforesaid countries lie in the buffer zone that is between sea power and land power.
- His success and lasting influence came from his military accomplishments and his foreign policy, the latter being based on two principles: continued resistance to Persian aggression, and recognition that Athens should be the dominant sea power in Greece, and Sparta the dominant land power.
- Still, the Soviet Union was to remain the greatest land power in Asia and could be a peacekeeper or a problem.
- Even though Prussia consistently understood itself as a continental land power, its rise and fall were closely bound up with the destiny of the Brandenburger-Prussian-German naval forces.
- Influenced by the American geostrategist Alfred Thayer Mahan, Ratzel wrote of aspirations for German naval reach, agreeing that sea power was self-sustaining, as the profit from trade would pay for the merchant marine, unlike land power.
- Modern sea denial relates to the area denial weapon, for example in the context of a land power using land-based missiles to strike sea targets.
- German nationalists believed that a united Germany would replace France as the world's dominant land power.
- The major determinant of production was attributed to the availability of labor rather than the political power associated with land.
- Power kites range in size from [...]. All kites are made for specific purposes: some for water, land, power or maneuverability.
- By hastening German unification, the war significantly altered the balance of power on the continent; with the new German nation state supplanting France as the dominant European land power.
- The Ancient Greeks first used the word "thalassocracy" to describe the government of the Minoan civilization, whose power depended on its navy.
- It contributed five ideas to German foreign policy in the interwar period: the organic state; lebensraum; autarky; pan-regions and the land power/sea power dichotomy.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!