|NOUN || a laparotomy | laparotomies |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Treatment consists of painkillers and surgical ablation of the dilated vein. This can be accomplished with open abdominal surgery (laparotomy) or keyhole surgery (laparoscopy).
- Madelung specialized in abdominal surgery, and is known for his pioneer work with intestinal anastomoses and laparotomy.
- Early visualization of fluid in the hepatorenal recess on FAST scan may be an indication for urgent laparotomy.
- A second look laparotomy may be used to assess tumour status in clinical trials, but is not a staple of standard care due to a lack of association with improved outcomes.
- All types of vagotomy can be performed at open surgery (laparotomy) or using minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopy).
- For over a century, laparotomy (open appendectomy) was the standard treatment for acute appendicitis.
- There have been cases where ectopic pregnancy lasted many months and ended in a live baby delivered by laparotomy.
- They are most frequently found incidentally on pelvic examination or at laparotomy. Brenner tumours very rarely can occur in other locations, including the testes.
- Although previously a victim of abdominal stabbing would be subject to exploratory surgery laparotomy, it is now considered safe not to operate if the patient is stable.
- He died on February 20, 1893, at the Roosevelt Hospital in New York City, from "a complication of diseases" and after a laparotomy had been performed.
- Exploratory laparotomy originated as a technique for the treatment of acute trauma.
- Hysterectomy by abdominal laparotomy is correlated with much higher incidence of intestinal adhesions than other techniques.
- In diagnostic laparotomy (most often referred to as an exploratory laparotomy and abbreviated ex-lap), the nature of the disease is unknown, and laparotomy is deemed the best way to identify the cause.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!