Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- He made an early contribution to easing the plight of workers by introducing the 8-hour work day at the Zeiss plant, a milestone for labour during the late 19th century.
- In December 2009 it was announced that The Warehouse staff would be taking industrial action due to issues with staff having their hours extended to 50-hour weeks in the lead up to Christmas and staff having to work late at night.
- Arguments between SPD and DVP about economic issues like the eight-hour work day introduced in late 1918 (but opposed by the DVP) finally caused the coalition's end in November 1922.
- Further bombing on the night of the accident and other disruptions had made the train an hour late by the time it reached Taunton.
- In 1934 a BBC producer asked him to appear on "Charlot's Hour", a late-night revue on the Home Service.
- The series marked James's return to primarily analogue equipment following his computer-oriented programming work in the late 1990s.
- The songs on the album were recorded with Taylor's band The Flying Machine in a late 1966 three-hour session in New York City's Select Sound Studios.
- 5-hour spacewalks were conducted by three astronauts to test hardware and tools to be used in the assembly of the International Space Station starting in late 1998.
- Gutierrez and Chilton slept in an extra hour because they were about an hour and a half late going to sleep the night before after working on an in-flight maintenance procedure to eliminate air bubbles that were collecting in the drinking and food preparation water.
- The majority of her radio work in the mid to late 1940s was with Eddy.
- anyone who was late was excluded from work for the rest of the day and lost an extra day's pay.
- WUNI presently broadcasts 2½ hours of locally produced newscasts each week (with a half-hour each on weekdays; the station does not produce a late evening newscast on any night nor any news programs on Saturdays and Sundays).
- Seay was also supportive (in the context of late 19th century standards) of measures to improve the rights and education of Alabama's black citizens.
- The traditional watch system arose from sailing ships of the late 19th century and was used by the Royal Navy and many other Commonwealth navies.
- The late-2000s recession hit parent company FedEx Corporation and its express division hard.
- In the early '30s he mainly sold radios and by the late '30s was running a store that sold Westinghouse refrigerators.
- In the late 19th century, many Protestants were disgusted by the poverty level and the low quality of living in the slums.
- In the late 1990s, Danish modern and the broader Mid century modern movement experienced a revival in international interest.
- Booth was recalled a month later for a match against Len Hutton's English cricket team at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!