|NOUN || a mason's hammer | mason's hammers / masons' hammers |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Renaud, like his prototype Saint Reinold, was killed by a hammer-blow to the head while working as a mason at Cologne Cathedral, and his body hidden by his murderers before being miraculously re-discovered.
- Euripides calls their walls "heaven-high" ("οὐράνια"), describes "the Cyclopean foundations" of Mycenae as "fitted snug with red plumbline and mason’s hammer", and calls Mycenae "O hearth built by the Cyclopes".
- They loaded him with chains, cruelly tortured him and broke his skull with a mason's hammer on 7 September 257.
- In 1950 and prior to "The Archers", Mason also created the radio serials "The Lady Craved Excitement" and "What the Butler Saw", both of which were filmed in that year by Hammer Films.
- In some versions a mason arrives, whose "hammer needed facing" (presumably the reason for his journey).
- The oldest items of church furniture are the 1495 pulpit (with stone marks by Hans Hammer, master mason at Strasbourg Cathedral) and a carved wooden sculpture of the Virgin and Child from the same era, probably by Nikolaus Hagenauer.
- In the late Middle Ages, its name was represented by a "mell" (a mason's hammer) and a rose (for the Virgin Mary, to whom all Cistercian abbeys were dedicated).
- Finally, there follows an animation in which an announcer attempts to "cure" a Mason (an animated cutout of Chapman) through behavioural therapy with a picture of a nude woman; when the subject says, "No", the enraged announcer crushes him with a giant hammer.
- Metamorpho includes snap-on accessories, including a giant right hand, a giant hammer for his left hand, and an extension for his right leg.
- Saliba was also known to perform feats such as using his mouth to hammer nails into wood and using his hair to lift heavy objects.
- The other two smiths are hammering on the iron. Nylund used wrestlers from the gymnastics and sports club Jyry as models for the smiths' bodies.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!