Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Fluorocarbons are also used as a propellant for metered-dose inhalers used to administer some asthma medications.
- A metered-dose transdermal spray (MDTS) delivers a drug to the surface of the skin and is absorbed into the circulation on a sustained basis.
- Levalbuterol was approved in the United States as a solution to be used with a nebulizer device in March 1999 and in March 2015 became available in a formulation with a metered-dose inhaler under the trade name Xopenex HFA (levalbuterol tartrate inhalation aerosol).
- As an aerosol propellant, HFC-227ea is used in pharmaceutical metered dose inhalers such as those used for dispensing asthma medication.
- The medication in a metered dose inhaler is most commonly a bronchodilator, corticosteroid or a combination of both for the treatment of asthma and COPD.
- For its medical uses, 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane has the generic name norflurane. It is used as propellant for some metered dose inhalers. It is considered safe for this use.
- All β2 agonists are available in inhaler form, either metered-dose inhalers, which aerosolize the drug, or dry powder inhalers, which dispense powder to be inhaled.
- Medications are typically provided as metered-dose inhalers (MDIs) in combination with an asthma spacer or as a dry powder inhaler.
- One major use of CFCs has been as propellants of aerosols, including metered-dose inhalers for drugs used to treat asthma.
- Combination with beta-adrenergic agonists increases the dilating effect on the bronchi, as when ipratropium is combined with salbutamol (albuterol — USAN) under the trade names Combivent (a non-aerosol metered-dose inhaler or MDI) and Duoneb (nebulizer) for the management of COPD and asthma, and with fenoterol (trade names Duovent and Berodual N) for the management of asthma.
- Salbutamol metered dose inhalers have been described as the "single biggest source of carbon emissions from NHS medicines prescribing" due to the propellants used in the inhalers.
- A spacer is a device used to increase the ease of administering aerosolized medication from a metered-dose inhaler (MDI).
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!