|NOUN || a muscarinic receptor | muscarinic receptors |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Xanomeline is an agonist that primarily targets the muscarinic acetylcholine receptor family of five muscarinic receptor subtypes, which are designated M1-M5.
- Himbacine's activity as a muscarinic receptor antagonist, with specificity for the muscarinic acetylcholine receptor M2, made it a promising starting point in Alzheimer's disease research.
- Himbacine is a potent muscarinic receptor antagonist, Isolated from the bark of "Galbulimima baccata", a type of magnolia tree. The drug is a promising lead in Alzheimer's disease research.
- They are also inhibited by M1 muscarinic receptor activation.
- This was attributed to a decrease in RGS2's inhibitory effects on Gq coupled M3 muscarinic receptor signalling, resulting in increased Gαq activity.
- Open-angle glaucoma (OAG) and closed-angle glaucoma (CAG) may be treated by muscarinic receptor agonists (e.g., pilocarpine), which cause rapid miosis and contraction of the ciliary muscles, this pulls the scleral spur and results in the trabecular meshwork being stretched and separated.
- The mechanism for treatment after exposure is to block the muscarinic receptor activation.
- One of the first DREADDs was based on the human M3 muscarinic receptor (hM3).
- The muscarinic receptor has different subtypes, labelled M1-M5, allowing for further differentiation.
- Methacholine (INN, USAN) (trade name Provocholine), also known as Acetyl-β-methylcholine, is a synthetic choline ester that acts as a non-selective muscarinic receptor agonist in the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Open-angle glaucoma (OAG) and closed-angle glaucoma (CAG) may be treated by muscarinic receptor agonists (e.g., pilocarpine), which cause rapid miosis and contraction of the ciliary muscles, opening the trabecular meshwork, facilitating drainage of the aqueous humour into the canal of Schlemm and ultimately decreasing intraocular pressure.
- Use of bethanechol, as well as all other muscarinic receptor agonists, is contraindicated in patients with asthma, coronary insufficiency, peptic ulcers, intestinal obstruction and hyperthyroidism.
- Pilocarpine is a drug that acts as a muscarinic receptor agonist.
- Cycloplegic drugs are generally muscarinic receptor blockers.
- It is in a class of drugs known as muscarinic receptor antagonists; acetylcholine is the neurotransmitter of the parasympathetic nervous system which initiates the rest-and-digest state (as opposed to fight-or-flight), resulting in an increase in gastric motility and digestion; whereas pirenzepine would inhibit these actions and cause decreased gastric motility leading to delayed gastric emptying and constipation.
- In human embryonic kidney cells, ADCY2 is stimulated by activation of Gq-coupled muscarinic receptors through protein kinase C (PKC) to generate localized cAMP.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!