Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- In January 1981, Michael Parkinson said that "Barnsley Grammar School was to his education what myxomatosis was to rabbits".
- In Europe and the United Kingdom a bivalent vectored vaccine called Nobivac Myxo-RHD is available that protects against both myxomatosis and rabbit haemorrhagic disease.
- A legal vaccine exists in Australia for RHD, but no cure is known for either myxomatosis or RHD, and many affected pets have to be euthanized.
- In the early 1960s, the introduction of the disease myxomatosis by the Australian Government to cull rabbit overpopulation, led to decreased supply for the Smorgons.
- The virus causes a benign cutaneous fibroma in its hosts, but it causes the lethal disease myxomatosis, in European rabbits.
- At one time the island was heavily grazed by rabbits, but these were wiped out by an outbreak of myxomatosis, leading to the growth of dense vegetation, particularly common elder ("Sambucus nigra").
- Following the introduction of myxomatosis to control rabbits in the 1950s, the importance of the rabbit-proof fence diminished.
- The myxomatosis virus was released in 1950 to reduce pest rabbit numbers. It initially reduced the wild rabbit population by 95% but since then resistance to the virus has increased.
- myrmecobii" is a minor vector of myxomatosis between rabbits in Australia.
- Diseases associated with this genus include: myxomatosis.
- The island has a population of 300 rabbits, an introduced animal, these were used as part of a self-spreading vaccine field trial in 2000 aimed at generating immunity to myxomatosis and rabbit hemorrhagic disease.
- In 1953, farmers discovered rabbits at Stonehaven which had become immune to myxomatosis.
- The former large colonies of wild rabbits have drastically shrunk as a result of myxomatosis.
- During the 1950s, the intentional introduction of a virus that causes myxomatosis provided some relief in Australia, but not in New Zealand, where the insect vectors necessary for the spread of the disease were not present.
- There is evidence it carries myxomatosis.
- The shrinkage of heathland has been caused partially by a decline in rabbits grazing; rabbit populations have been decimated by myxomatosis and more recently rabbit haemorrhagic disease (RHD).
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!