Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Overbearing aunt Mad Mathesis bets her niece that she can select a train from London that will pass more trains than her niece's does.
- Pierce, great-niece of retired federal judge Lawrence W.
- Her niece Victoria Legrand is a member of the American indie pop group Beach House. Another niece, Eugénie Angot, is an equestrian.
- His third marriage in 1644 was to Costanza Pamphili (1627–1665), niece of Pope Innocent X and the sister of Camillo Pamphili who married Ludovisi's niece, Olimpia Aldobrandini.
- A campaign to have Bradburne beatified and canonised was started by the late Celia Brigstocke, John's niece and continued by Kate Macpherson, his great niece.
- She is a part of an artistic family, and her sister Bibi, niece Aggi Ásgerð Ásgeirsdóttir and niece Vígdis Petersen are artists.
- Retired teacher Dorothy Livingston is visiting her niece when she bumps into a man she recognizes. Dorothy and her niece follow him and Dorothy tells her niece how she met the man in 1933.
- Katharine Schlesinger (born 29 April 1963) is a British actress, the niece of the film director John Schlesinger and great-niece of Dame Peggy Ashcroft.
- Balfour is a niece of British broadcaster and TV presenter Sir David Frost and also a niece of television and stage actress Marsha Fitzalan.
- Ellen Mary Rope (1855–1934), a British sculptor who shared her studio at number 66b with her assistant and niece, Dorothy Anne Aldrich Rope (1883-1971). She was niece of M. E. Aldrich Rope.
- Matt's teenaged niece, Chelsea (Katie Wright), moves in with him after her father's death.
- Her niece and namesake Sybil Whigham Young was a socialite and equestrian in 1930s New York.
- Porter's niece, Helen Tracy Lowe-Porter, would follow in her footsteps and become a noted translator.
- For instance, the wicked mother figure paralleled the relationship of Margaretha's sister-in-law and niece, and the wedding of Snow White paralleled the wedding of Margaretha's nephew.
- In 1859, he produced the play "Ma nièce et mon ours" ("My niece and my bear") at the Théâtre du Palais-Royal, a vaudeville folly in three acts written with Louis-François Nicolaïe under the pseudonyms of "Frascati" and Clairville.
- She was the first daughter of the powerful Syrian Roman noblewoman Julia Maesa and Gaius Julius Avitus Alexianus, sister of Julia Avita Mamaea, niece of Julia Domna, and a niece by marriage of Emperor Lucius Septimius Severus.
- After Seaxburh, Æthelthryth's niece and her great-niece, both of whom were royal princesses, succeeded her as abbess of Ely.
- In 2008, Upton married Rachelle Ormond, niece of art historian Richard Louis Ormond and great-niece of artist John Singer Sargent.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!