|NOUN1 || organ building [process] | - |
|NOUN2 || an organ building [rare: built organ] | organ buildings |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The teaching program has since been discontinued, but the organ-building workshop remains under the direction of William Drake.
- The pipes can be built of wood or metal, but are overwhelmingly constructed of wood in modern organ building (French makers from Cavaillé-coll on prefer metal).
- Organ building is still an active trade, conducted by Jäger and Brommer, Paul Fleck Söhne, Achim Schneider and Wolfram Stützle.
- In the Romantic Period came a new style of organ building.
- His electro-pneumatic switching systems advanced the technology of organ building in the first part of the 20th century.
- Casavant Frères is a Canadian organ building company in Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec, which has been building pipe organs since 1879. As of 2014, the company has produced more than 3,900 organs.
- Colonna received full training both in the family profession of organ building and in musicianship.
- For its part, Saint Stephen's Evangelical Church, built between 1486 and 1510, has tombs of the dukes of Palatinate-Simmern and an historical organ from 1776 built by the Hunsrück organ-building family Stumm.
- The vox humana is one of the oldest reeds in organ building, based on its appearance in very early instruments.
- There is varied industry in the city, including Marcussen's Organ Building ("Marcussens Orgelbyggeri") and Callesens Machineworks ("Callesens Maskinfabrik").
- The monks themselves dealt with church music, piano lessons and organ building.
- Most notably probably a tannery, organ-building and precision mechanics.
- Born in Huddersfield, England, he first worked as a patent attorney in 1914 but after military service he began to pursue an interest in pipe organ building, working with Henry Willis & Sons of London.
- Works on the noise-making functions included those made over several decades by the famous organ-building firm Henry Willis & Sons, and Henry Willis III, who worked on the tiger in the 1950s, contributed an account to a monograph by Mildred Archer of the V&A.
- Between 1666 and 1671, Schnitger studied organ building with his cousin Berendt Huss ([...] 1630-1676) in Glückstadt and worked as a journeyman.
- His organ building business was based in Hausneindorf and he built instruments at the Jakobikirche in Magdeburg (1853-58), the Gewandhaus in Leipzig (1860; home of the Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra) and Magdeburg Cathedral (1861).
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!