|NOUN || a pail | pails |
|SYNO ||bucket | pail | pailful|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- A battered metal lunch pail was chosen as a symbol of a no-name, blue-collar defense.
- The municipality’s arms might in English heraldic language be described thus: Argent a well boom with pail to sinister sable, on a base vert a "Stutzweck" Or.
- Since the 1995 season, a battered metal lunch pail has been the symbol of Virginia Tech's blue-collar mentality on defense.
- On the assumption that "bucket" and "pail" mean the same, the pattern of characters B: "If you have a bucket, then you have a pail" contains ten word-tokens, seven word-types, and six word-meanings.
- Situla is the Latin for bucket or pail, and is used in archaeology and art history for a variety of historic objects with this shape.
- Won't somebody bring me a pail?
- There he transformed into an old man carrying a bailing pail made of palm.
- In the Philippines, "timba" (pail) and "tabo" (dipper) are two essentials in every bathroom.
- Not all toilets in the Philippines have an automatic flush, so instead, a "timbâ" (generally a plastic pail with a metal handle) and a "tabò" kept floating inside it is used.
- The term "lunchpail" is also used more broadly as a metaphor for the working class, and in addition to "Democrat" is paired with other terms, such as "lunch pail liberal" or "lunch pail socialism".
- The first milking machines were an extension of the traditional milking pail.
- And dwindle even as water in a pail!
- Salwāǧá corresponds with the tropical Zodiac sign Aquarius. "Salwāǧá" literally means "pail of water" in Pashto.
- Improved water supplies and sewerage systems in England led directly to the replacement of the pail closet during the early 20th century.
- Cragin made a specialty type measure called a "piggin", a small wooden pail with a handle formed by continuing one of the staves above the rim.
- Towns with sanitation systems based on pail closets (bucket toilets in outhouses) relied on frequent emptying, performed by workers driving "honeywagons", a precursor to the vacuum truck now used to pump out septage from septic tanks.
- It takes the mothers several minutes to realize they're being followed by the wrong child; it isn't until the bear cub tries to eat from Sal's mother's bucket and the mother bear hears the "ku-plink, ku-plank, ku-plunk" sound of Sal dropping blueberries into her tin pail that they realize what happened.
- He used four pails, each supported on a nonconductive pad inside the next.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!