|NOUN || a pain barrier | pain barriers |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Richardson finally won at the Lakeside on his sixth attempt in 2007, beating ninth-seed Vincent van der Voort, despite going through the pain barrier having broken two ribs just days earlier after falling in his bedroom undressing himself, hitting his side on the edge of his bed.
- Despite playing through the pain barrier with a troublesome hamstring, McElhinney completed the match and helped Derry win back-to-back Ulster titles.
- In January 2004, following years of playing through the pain barrier, Coyle announced his retirement from playing.
- On August 4, 2017, Thor released the album titled "Beyond the Pain Barrier", which was co written with John Leibel and Ted Jedlicki.
- With England down to ten men after fellow defender Nedum Onuoha left the field injured and all three substitutions had been used, Taylor was forced to play through the pain barrier as the game went into extra-time and converted his penalty in a dramatic penalty shoot-out that ended 13–12 to the Dutch.
- For seven years he played through the pain barrier with the condition that seemed likely to end his career.
- He started the game in the half-back line, however, as the game was going against Cloyne, Ring fought through the pain barrier and moved to the forwards where he scored five points.
- Then The Gilbert brothers suffered injuries, first Tom and then Mikey, who played through the pain barrier to complete a match with a bruised tail bone and fractured hand.
- Speaking at the end of the season Chester revealed that his knee injury is long standing problem and that he had been having to play through the pain barrier earlier in the season.
- Marilyn suffered an injury plagued 2009 outdoor season, though she battled through the pain barrier to finish a very credible 8th in the World Championships 800 m final in Berlin.
- 's Nick Nuyens became the race's first abandonment; he attempted to ride through the pain barrier, but had to withdraw within the neutralised zone prior to the real start of the stage.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!