|VERB || to pain | pained | pained|
paining | pains
|SYNO ||offended | pained|
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Later, the Englishman finds his neck pained when a horseman comments on it.
- Earlier in a briefing Minister of External Affairs, SM Krishna said he is deeply pained by the demise of Dorjee Khandu.
- The woman is pregnant and about to give birth, "travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered" (12:2).
- ] pained astonishment" when Bishop finds certain works funny.
- "It pained me to hear him rationalise writing the screenplay", said Odets' colleague Harold Clurman.
- He was pained by Esmonde's conversion to Communism in 1920 and his rejection of the liberal values associated with the Higgins name.
- 2nd Act: Grey skies. The man continues to be pained.
- Guy Lodge of "Variety" wrote that the film "is too palpably pained and heartfelt to be called slight, but it's sensitive and peculiar in ways that feel fragile".
- Writing for "The New York Times", Jon Caramanica identified its lyrics as "plain and pinpoint pained", and the "power struggle over who taught who about cool music" as an element reminiscent of Swift as well.
- Graham was greatly pained by the loss of his most loved partner and afterwards pledged to only seek comfort in Christ in order to avoid further sadness and disappointment.
- Modi commented on the lynching in parliament, that he was pained to hear about the incident and calling for "the strictest possible punishment to the accused".
- According to Allmusic critic Mark Deming, Seger's "pained, angry, and defiant" vocal makes the song special.
- Despite a pained expression, David applauds, hugging his daughter.
- with either a puzzled or a pained expression.
- Although Shantanu was pained from his separation from Ganga, he was overjoyed upon receiving such an accomplished son.
- He said at the time that he was pained "by the injustice" that transgender people could legally marry in California while gay and lesbian couples could not.
- One of the bit players in this short is Mickey Rooney's father Joe Yule, who portrays one of the pained dental patients.
- After her first marriage ended in divorce, Schenirer occasionally attended plays, and public lectures for the women; at one Friday night meeting of the Zionist Ruth Organization, she was pained to observe them lighting candles on Shabbat (Saturday), in violation of "halakha" (Jewish law).
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!