|ADJ || perched | more perched | most perched |
|VERB || to perch | perched | perched|
perching | perches
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- It is perched on a high plateau, which dominates the region.
- The commune is perched on a mountaintop and has stairs instead of roads.
- Unlike many cormorants, this species does not spread its wings when it is perched.
- Salamanders from a population in Supatá were observed foraging on shrubs and perched on leaves at night.
- A perched water table (or perched aquifer) is an aquifer that occurs above the regional water table.
- For the Navy, the device depicts an eagle perched on top of a shield of stars and stripes with two crossed anchors behind it.
- Lake Boomanjin is considered the largest perched lake in the world, meaning that the lake floor is above the water table.
- Dominant northwesterly winds eventually caused blowing sand to become perched on the banks.
- The dogs are all looking up towards a large bone perched on the fountain's peak.
- Ariel the mermaid is perched on a rock.
- Other houses perched on a hill.
- The figure's left hand holds a globe with an eagle perched on top.
- They often slowly lower and raise their tails while perched.
- The Mascarene martin is a relatively quiet bird, but it has a warbled "siri-liri siri-liri" song given in flight or when perched; some calls given by perched birds end in a glissando.
- "C. campbelli" is typically found at night, perched on leaves [...] above the ground.
- One vocalization of the azure-crowned hummingbird is "a low, fairly hard, buzzy "dzzzrt" that is given in flight and perched; when perched it might be "repeated steadily".
- The image of [...] perched on their stilts comes from this period.
- These frogs have been found perched on top of limestone rocks within large rock formations in the forest and around the entrances to cave systems; males have also been observed up to 5 m inside caves, some perched above ground within depressions and holes in the karst rock walls.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!