Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The males will also have a ceremonial flight to attract the female, in which they will reach a height of 30 to 50 feet, then they will glide, they will sing the song very loudly and will then keep on singing from a perching position.
- They forage primarily by perching (at an average height of 0.96 m) and less frequently by climbing and pecking.
- This is an ancient way of managing willow trees, the branches are cut off above cattle head height and to discourage crows and magpies from perching in the branches and preying on chicks and eggs.
- It has been observed perching in trees and shrubs at a height of [...] from where it flies down to forage for ground insects.
- Silver-throated tanagers forage in the canopy, mostly perching on or hanging from upside-down branches to eat small fruit.
- In recent years, a six-foot tarpaulin curtain surrounds the training ground, with photographers and members of the public resorting to step ladders and perching themselves on trees to watch training sessions.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!