|NOUN || a preacher | preachers |
|SYNO ||preacher | preacher man | sermoniser | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Absestos Misbeliever, a dedicated but stubborn preacher, travels to the territory of the Apaches to bring them the word of God to them.
- After a church burning in which a preacher and his family are killed, the preacher's insane ghost (Snoop Dogg) starts killing off the members of the gang responsible.
- From 1611 until 1634 he served as preacher on the court of King Wladyslaw IV of Poland, and in 1622 as "Camp preacher" ("kaznodzieja obozowy") during wars with Turkey, Muscovy and Walachia.
- Elizabeth Bultitude (12 August 1809 – 14 August 1890) was a British Primitive Methodist preacher. When she retired after thirty years she was said to be their last itinerant woman preacher.
- Mbiye graduated with distinction from theology school, but still remained a preacher. Later he became a preacher at the Bethel Central Assembly Church.
- Preacher George W. Truett was a founder (with his cousin and fellow preacher Fred McConnell), principal, and taught at the school before being recruited to move tp Texas after speaking at a conference.
- In 1605 he became a preacher in Poortugaal en Hoogvliet, in 1612 in Schiedam, in 1616 in Utrecht (study period), and finally from 1625 preacher in Amsterdam, where he took part in the "Remonstrantse twisten".
- Clay soon discovers that the farm belongs to preacher Hollis Jarret, the preacher's new wife, and children.
- The preacher fights Duncan to protect Kate. The timely arrival of Marshall Leland (Dowling) saves the preacher's life and, with the plague abated, Kate gives up the dance hall life, and she and the preacher are married.
- In 1795, he moved to London to serve as the afternoon preacher at the Gravel Pit, Hackney, adding to this office in 1802 that of morning preacher at St. Thomas's Chapel, Southwark.
- He also had other names including Vũ Ngọc Nhã, Hoàng Đức Nhã, Vũ Đình Long (or Hai Long), Lê Quang Kép, Preacher Hai, Preacher Four (because he was a Catholic preacher who finished four grades of religious training).
- "God, the man's a preacher!" a man in back yelled. Preacher Dick sang a hymn.
- He was considered an excellent preacher. Frederick the Great called him the best preacher he knew. In 1743 he published a hymnal in response to Georg Friedrich Rogall's Pietist hymnal.
- Later he became an itinerant preacher and Philosophy teacher.
- The celebrated covenanting preacher John Blackadder was legally the heir, but did not claim the title. The preacher's son Colonel John Blackadder later became governor of Stirling Castle.
- The Reverend Stephen Jerome, who in 1639 was vicar of the parish, was a noted preacher and writer.
- Drifting gambler Zeb Smith promises a dying preacher who saved his life that he'll fulfill the preacher's lifelong goal to build a church.
- Jesse Babcock Ferguson (January 19, 1819 – September 3 or September 4, 1870) was an American Christian preacher who developed Spiritualist leanings in the 1840s and 1850s while serving as the preacher at the Nashville, Tennessee Church of Christ.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!