ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Late instar larvae have dark brown heads and prothoracic shields and are 3 centimeters long when fully developed.
- Examples of phasmids which secrete cyclopentanoid monoterpenes from their prothoracic glands include several species of genus "Anisomorpha", which secrete anisomorphal.
- The first sting is delivered to the prothoracic ganglion (mass of nerve tissue) which causes a 2- to 3-minute paralysis of the front legs.
- However, unpaired prolegs, a ventrally directed truncate head, and prothoracic spiracles on a short respiratory tube differentiate them.
- The neuroendocrine system of insects consists primarily of neurosecretory cells in the brain, the corpora cardiaca, corpora allata and the prothoracic glands.
- This species can be distinguished from other "Protosticta" species based on its bright-blue facial markings, eyes, prothoracic markings, and femora.
- lydia" are equipped with a complex tracheal system which belongs to the peripneustic type in which the prothoracic and abdominal stigmata are present but not functional through the larva stage of life.
- The prothoracic basitarsus (a leg segment) in the male produces the silk for the balloon.
- Mutated versions of the pb gene result in prothoracic (anterior to thorax) legs from labial palps and maxillary palps that display malformation or smaller size.
- The head of the larva is yellowish-brown and the body is pale green and the prothoracic plate is pale green. They feed on the terminal shoots of "Salix" species in May and June.
- Body yellow, head and prothoracic plate very pale brown, anal plate almost colourless, thoracic legs transparent.
- These bugs have two dorsolateral prothoracic glands capable of secreting substances repugnant to predators.
- The prothoracic glands are either of a pair of endocrine glands located in the prothorax of certain insects that regulate molting.
- The larva have a pale, yellowish green body, a slightly orange-brown head and a prothoracic shield (the plate of the first thoracic segment just behind the head).
- Head and prothoracic shield are brown. The larvae feed on "Elaeagnus" species.
- The "spook" gene (Cyp307a1) is expressed in the prothoracic gland, and in conjunction with the gene product of "spookier" (Cyp307a2), converts 7-dehydrocholesterol to Δ4-diketol.
- Some caterpillars, especially members of Papilionidae, contain an osmeterium, a Y-shaped protrusible gland found in the prothoracic segment of the larvae.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!