|NOUN || a rood | roods |
|SYNO ||crucifix | rood | rood-tree|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- It still retains the places where the former rood screen or possibly rood-beam was attached.
- The earliest parts of the Church of England parish church of the Holy Rood are the Norman nave, south aisle and arcade, all of which were built in about 1150.
- Few original medieval rood crosses have survived in churches of the United Kingdom.
- The stone rood screen dates from the 15th century, and some of the steps leading to the rood loft are still extant.
- Between the chancel and the nave is the church's most famous furnishing, the rood screen.
- There is a narrow stairway at the east end of the south aisle that once gave access to the rood loft, on top of the rood screen.
- St Michael's parish church contains a number of historical highlights, including an impressive late medieval rood screen and rood stair, and an attractive stained glass window designed by Sir Henry Holiday.
- Until the 1870s, the crossing choir was separated from the nave by a large rood screen made of Bamberg limestone, which linked both the western pillars of the crossing (F).
- The rood screen of the choir was built in 1550 in the Renaissance style.
- Its old youth-wing was ROOD; the word "rood" is officially written in capitals but is not an acronym.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!