Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- In the 15th century a clerestory was added to the nave and a rood screen and rood loft were built across the nave and aisle.
- It has a rare late medieval rood screen and rood loft carved from oak.
- The high altar and the rood loft were taken down during the years 1563–72 and a moveable Communion table was set up.
- The church once had a rood loft and gallery, and the remains of these can be seen in on the nave walls, and from the beam at the back of the church.
- and above it is a 15th-century rood loft with coloured and gilded panels, complete and therefore described as "rare" by Historic England.
- The Medieval church also contained a large rood screen with a rood loft.
- In the north aisle is the Norman bowl of the font and further east the small turret steps behind a glass door that in earlier times led up into a rood loft.
- The altar, pulpit and double rood loft ("Doppelempore") were fashioned in the neogothic style.
- The rood loft, built in 1670, with the organ is supported by Tuscan pillars.
- St Michael's used to have a rood loft. It was removed, presumably during the English Reformation, and the stairs are now blocked.
- and a rood screen with a rood loft for which a stair turret was inserted in the south aisle.
- A rood loft was added in the latter half of the 15th century, and the chancel roof was raised with its clerestory being added at the same time.
- The stone rood screen dates from the 15th century, and some of the steps leading to the rood loft are still extant.
- Latterly in England and Wales the Rood tended to rise above a narrow loft (called the "rood loft"), which could occasionally be substantial enough to be used as a singing gallery (and might even contain an altar); but whose main purpose was to hold candles to light the rood itself.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!