|NOUN || schlock | - |
|SYNO ||dreck | schlock | shlock|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Nathan Rabin of "The A.V. Club" called the film "honest trash: it never pretends to be anything other than manic schlock" and gave it a grade C+.
- ... "Les Misérables"), the terms misery lit and misery porn are usually applied pejoratively to steamy potboilers, schlock horror, and lurid autobiographical wallows of often dubious authenticity, especially those without a happy ending.
- The hymn is a primary musical theme for schlock film "Tromeo and Juliet" (1996), credited on the soundtrack as "Yes, We'll Gather at the River".
- The output of the nation's film studios under Maximilian is limited to terrible action-adventure schlock with names like "Out For Vengeance 4".
- Mellick's work has been described as a combination of trashy schlock sci-fi/horror and postmodern literary art.
- Joe Bob was Bloom's satirical creation, allowing him to spoof stereotypical "redneck" Texan values while giving genuine praise to schlock films.
- The film attempts elements of traditional schlock-horror and youth-comedy genres and contains echoes of the 1960s "beach party" genre.
- the American collective-schlock subconscious ... through incessant reproduction on all manner of pop ephemera".
- 5/5 stars and wrote that it "essentially follows the current Hollywood schlock-horror template", focusing on tech gadgets and jump scares instead of story.
- According to Phil Spector's biographer Mick Brown, Clarkson's performance in "Vice Girls" was one of several "schlock movies" that led to her becoming recognized as a B movie star "with a large and devoted fan base".
- It culminates with a 24-hour movie marathon of classic, new, and schlock films.
- It is one of the more unusual films made in Australia, as it combined schlock, critters, film noir and splatter to create an 'out there' type of comedy that appealed to a niche audience.
- hatever this kind of music is – I'm gonna go with pop-schlock for now–is very much the wry Melbourne type that seems to have evolved from the oval ball park of Mr Floppy (punk rock), to TISM (dance punk), through to the 5-piece of Root!
- Prefixmag called the song a "orchestral schlock".
- Scott Weinberg of "eFilmCritic Reviews" noted that "Roger Corman is still churning out the schlock," writing that "Ice Crawlers" (a.k.a. ...
- A review from "Billboard" was mixed, stating that the album "alternates between '70s -era pop/schlock and endearing contemporary country".
- In April 2017, Cargnello released a kids' album for parents "tired of the schlock that the music industry throws at our children."
- A review in "VideoHound's Cult Flicks & Trash Pics" said, "In general, this no-budget parody of screen schlock is barely better than the dreck it imitates".
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!