Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- 2s of Timo Salonen, Juha Kankkunen and Mikael Sundström took three of the top four places, with only Markku Alén's second position in the Lancia Delta S4 preventing a monopoly of the podium.
- For example, in German, the infinitive form of the verb usually goes to the end of its clause, whereas a finite verb (in an independent clause) typically comes in second position.
- While having engine problems, Räikkönen successfully defended second position from Rubens Barrichello in Austria.
- With 18 laps of the race remaining, and with Mansell in second position, the brakes on his car failed.
- Palmeiras currently occupies the second position on both CBF and CONMEBOL rankings, and was the first Brazilian club to win the IFFHS Men's Club World Ranking in 2021.
- A third place in Australia and a further second position in Japan saw the points lead of Hayden reduced from 51 points at Laguna Seca to 12 points in Motegi, with Rossi moving from fourth to second in the championship standings.
- The main verb may appear in first position to put stress on the action itself. The auxiliary verb is still in second position.
- The club won the ETTU Cup on the season 2010 – 2011 and it finished at the second position in the French First division.
- Brisbane repeated their form displayed in 2019 the following year, once again finishing in second position on percentage at the conclusion of the home-and-away season.
- Evidentials in the Quechuan languages are "second position enclitics", which usually attach to the first constituent in the sentence, as shown in this example.
- English also displays verb-second (V2) order vestige only in quotation contexts (quotative inversion), requiring the finite verb to appear in the second position of a clause.
- (...) (Literally "to second") If a step is done "à la seconde," it is done to the side. 'Second position'. It can also be a balance extending one foot off the ground in ‘Second Position’.
- From the total tally, they received 22%, which put them ahead of the Christian-democratic ÖVP and placed them on second position behind the SPÖ (37.7%).
- There is an additional rule called V2 in main clauses, which moves the finite (inflected for subject) verb into the second position in the sentence.
- In a second position, Baugh disagrees and argues with Quinn that the Danites were always "a select group."
- In the third race of the season in Algarve the trio finished in second position and at the Hungaroring they finished in fourth place.
- The album debuted at number one on the Canadian Albums Chart, It reached the second position in the UK Albums Chart, It also debuted in second position in Switzerland, which was his 15th album to enter the top ten of the Swiss charts; second position in Austria; second position in the New Zealand charts; and the third position in Germany.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!