Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Federer entered Wimbledon as the second seed. He played a flawless match to defeat Andy Murray in straight sets in the semifinals and advance to his tenth Wimbledon final in a repeat against Novak Djokovic.
- The next year, the Cardinals set a franchise-best 13–3 record, and clinched their first-ever first-round playoff bye as the NFC's second seed.
- The FIFA Organising Committee also decided ahead of the draw, to allocate the six seeded teams into the first position of the six groups, in the alphabetic order of their seeding rank: first seed to Group A, second seed to Group B, etc.
- CSUN beat Pacific in 2009 and was seeded 15th in the NCAA tournament and lost to the second seed Memphis.
- The winner of that game advanced to the "Super Semifinal", hosted by the second seed.
- They finished the year with a 49–23 record as the Western Conferences second seed.
- She lost in the first round in her debuts at the Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon, although she reached the fourth round at the US Open before losing to second seed and eventual champion Justine Henin.
- The Tomcats earned the second seed in the tournament after finishing the regular season with a 28-12 overall record and a 17-7 record in the PAC in 2016.
- In September 2009, Gambill reached the semifinals of the USA F23 Futures tournament (losing to second seed Michael McClune) in his first pro match of the year.
- The team would make it all the way to the finals, but lost to second seed Vancouver Whitecaps 2:1.
- In 1992, Yugoslavia had also been drawn as second seed in Group 5 of the European Zone in the qualifying tournament for the 1994 World Cup.
- As the third seed at the US Open, Sharapova defeated top seed Mauresmo for the first time in the semifinals, and then followed up by beating second seed Justine Henin to win her second Grand Slam singles title.
- As the second seed in the playoffs, Detroit defeated Philadelphia before another rematch with Indiana.
- Seeded fourth, Nadia defeated fifth seed Francesca Schiavone in the quarterfinals, but she lost in the semifinals to second seed and eventual champion Patty Schnyder, 5–7, 1–6.
- The Patriots finished the season 12–4 to earn the second seed in the AFC and a first-round bye.
- The Senators entered the playoffs as the second seed in the Eastern Conference and were paired against the seventh-seeded Toronto Maple Leafs.
- She played as the second seed; she advanced to the quarterfinals but withdrew from the tournament.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!