Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- In a collection of studies investigating the official discourse of Communist Romania, historian Lucian Boia noted that Alexandru Toma's endorsement by the cultural authorities was specifically meant to fill the gap left by the purging of other, more talented, writers from the curriculum ("see Censorship in Communist Romania").
- In the early 1980s, with Gretzky establishing himself as the NHL's best player and the ultimate spokesperson, Barnett and Gretzky designed a plan that would see "The Great One" enter into exclusive endorsement relationships with only blue-chip national and international corporations.
- He views the latter as specific government endorsement of one particular religion, and does not see it as a mandate to ban all policies that would benefit religion in general.
- One of his most notable students was John Knox (coincidentally, another native of Haddington) who said of Major that he was such as "whose work was then held as an oracle on the matters of religion" If this is not exactly a ringing endorsement, it is not hard to see in Knox's preaching an intense version of Major's enthusiasms – the utter freedom of God, the importance of the Bible, scepticism of earthly authority.
- Entering or winning the contest does not require or imply endorsement or membership in the Church of Scientology, and the contest itself has been endorsed by a wide range of well-known speculative fiction writers (see Judges and Winners above) who have no relationship to Scientology.
- Generally, public specifications are what makes a format re-implementable (see future proofing data storage), and reusable codebases can be ported to new platforms without the endorsement of the format creator.
- Hillary Clinton reduced her already limited scheduled appearances in Wisconsin, with her campaign feeling disadvantaged by Governor of Wisconsin Jim Doyle's endorsement of Obama and the fact that independent voters are able to vote in the state's Democratic primary.
- Thus, workers' endorsement of achievement ideology decreases each year that they remain in a particular job for which they are overqualified.
- The printed sermon also claims an endorsement by a circle of ministers who were all part of the Cambridge Association.
- Subsequently, his endorsement deal with Mitsubishi Electric Asia was dropped and TV advertisements featuring the director were taken off air.
- Still, Maharitz's endorsement of certain "Halachic" rulings found in the Shulchan Aruch was the cause for some Yemenite Jewish prayer-rites being cancelled altogether, and for other extraneous customs introduced by the "kabbalists" being added thereto.
- Royal endorsement is critical to establishing legitimacy for military rebellions.
- Coughlan's endorsement of the idea that Limerick was being infiltrated by communists sent the city into a panic.
- Unpaid endorsement or covert endorsement occurs when a celebrity wears or uses the product of a certain brand because they like it.
- After Murray expressed interest in their film, the distributor attempted to get an endorsement from him.
- Schmidt mailed literature to voters with an endorsement from Paula Westwood, executive director of Cincinnati Right-to-Life.
- Australian citizens would need to be of good character (a character declaration is made by completing the character section of the New Zealand Passenger Arrival Card) and need to show a valid Australian passport on arrival in New Zealand (or if holding a foreign passport, this passport must show an Australian Citizen Endorsement or Australian Citizen Declaratory Visa (either with a label or a confirmation letter) as evidence of your Australian citizenship).
- The intention in that case is to ensure that the person browsing is aware that there is no endorsement of the site being linked to by the site that was linked from.
- An unusual "endorsement" strategy infused great optimism as the park recorded significant numbers of patrons early in the 1915 season.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!