Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The novel's "most striking formal characteristic is its shifting narrative and temporal perspective" with the first section from the viewpoint of a sailor, the second from omniscient perspective of Axel Heyst, the third from an interior perspective from Heyst, and the final section has an omniscient narrator.
- (2015) found that spontaneous mind-wandering, the uncontrolled or unwarranted shifting of attention, is a characteristic of those who have ADHD.
- The pontificate of Pope Sixtus V (1585–1590) opened up the final stage of the Catholic Reformation, characteristic of the Baroque age of the early seventeenth century, shifting away from compelling to attracting.
- In addition to the number of people in each group shifting over time, characteristic values within a single group may fluctuate slightly from generation to generation (e.g., due to mutation).
- Hypergiants are expected to have a characteristic broadening and red-shifting of their spectral lines, producing a distinctive spectral shape known as a P Cygni profile.
- Note that these "fee shifting" awards are a characteristic of the law enforced and do not necessarily depend upon the court in which they were brought; state courts can and do sometimes hear lawsuits brought under federal law.
- This characteristic make it possible to use extreme wide angle lenses and to perform adjustment movements otherwise impossible.
- The European beech used to be fairly common in the western Sistema Central, evidenced by local flora that is characteristic of beech forests.
- A low-frequency oscillator (LFO) ramps the control voltage to produce the characteristic swooshing sound.
- It features another characteristic aspect of his musical language in its use of multiple alternating rhythms.
- Its digitally drawn shapes and characters underwent strange, sometimes mythical or comical mutations in a manic rhythm that extended the figuration-abstraction oscillation characteristic of her broader practice.
- The sullen mood and desolate lyrics—"So go away, leave me alone, don't bother me"—were unusual for the Beatles at the time but would become characteristic for Harrison.
- This latter case is characteristic of the Guiana Highlands of northern South America.
- But the 2019 council elections saw a swing to the Green Party that has been presented as characteristic of the Green gains in English council elections that year.
- It has argued that CPM takes a dualistic approach, treating privacy and disclosure as independent of one another and able to coexist in tandem rather than in the dynamic interplay characteristic of dialectics.
- "Since" the upstream state is uncongested, there must be a characteristic with slope [...] that reaches P from the upstream detector.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!