|NOUN || a shopgirl | shopgirls |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Ava Gardner appears in a small uncredited role as a Parisian shopgirl.
- In her first "shopgirl-Cinderella" role, Crawford plays the role of Gerry, a department store mannequin who falls in love with the wealthy son of her boss.
- A French shopgirl (Bernice Claire) obeys her parents by leaving her lover to become an opera star.
- Notably, the line "where any shopgirl can be a top girl, if she pleases the tired businessman" vanished quite quickly, and is absent from the 1958 Doris Day version, having been replaced with "and any barmaid can be a star made if she dances with or without a fan" The latter part of the line refers to Sally Rand and her fan dance.
- Her appearance as a plucky shopgirl in the film "It" brought her global fame and the nickname "The It Girl".
- The husband takes a shopgirl to a private dining room and gets her drunk.
- Roddy's father has learned the truth about the shopgirl's false accusation during his son's absence and joyfully welcomes him back.
- After she is fired from her role as a shopgirl in a department store, Madge finds work as a taxi dancer. At the dance hall she meets and falls in love with a young man from a wealthy background.
- Though she retired from acting in 1991, Foreman did make a brief appearance in a music video for the rock band She Wants Revenge, as well as a small cameo as a shopgirl in the 2020 remake of "Valley Girl", her best known film.
- The play's protagonist and lead female role is Mary Turner, a shopgirl who becomes a criminal mastermind.
- The screenplay concerns a shopgirl who pretends to be a Colonel's daughter, meets a man and falls in love with him, but is worried about telling him who she really is.
- At the restaurant, a young shopgirl named Doris Lea in the next booth dons Jim's bowler hat on a dare from her friend and flatmate Milly Miles.
- Kája Saudek met Macourek in 1960, through Olga Schoberová, a young shopgirl in a Prague's ironmongery.
- Leonard for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, but it never was released, possibly because William Randolph Hearst objected to his mistress Davies portraying a common shopgirl in her first sound film.
- When he dies shortly afterward, Lampidorra is inherited by his distant relative, Lindy Smith (Yolande Donlan), a Macy's shopgirl.
- The novel is the sequel to "On Night's Shore", in which Edgar Allan Poe investigates the murder of shopgirl Mary Rogers in Manhattan of 1840.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!