Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
- For carrying and protecting spare barrel units, consisting of a barrel and its locking piece, a "Laufschützer 34" (barrel protector) was used as a field accessory.
- Unlike the M60 machine gun then in use in the Vietnam War, which had its bipod and gas cylinder as integral to the spare barrel, an M2 bipod was mounted over the gas plug set in the CMG-2's ventilated handguard and was locked into place by the spare barrel's gas block.
- Soldiers were issued at least one spare barrel. In close combat the weapon would overheat in sustained automatic fire, requiring the barrel to be changed.
- A number of items were issued which conformed to 37 Pattern in their fittings and materials but were not strictly part of the set, such as a bandolier for Sten magazines as issued to airborne troops and the spare barrel bag and parts wallet for the Bren gun.
- 14s were eventually ordered (along with a spare barrel and cradle), although one was retained by Skoda.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!