|NOUN || a stokehold | stokeholds |
|SYNO ||fireroom | stokehold | stokehole|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The howitzer began to accurately target the "Hardinge" hitting the ship's aerial, forward and aft funnels, the fore stokehold, the foredeck gun and steering gear forcing the ship to move out of range to anchor in Lake Timsah.
- , caused by a stokehold fire detonating a magazine, at Scapa Flow in 1917.
- The deckhand noted that the fire appeared to be coming from the stokehold and that subsequently there were two or three explosions in quick succession, apparently from the engine room.
- An unusually large wave broke through the skylights of her engine room and stokehold, flooding them and disabling her engine.
- On 20 April 1886 she was in collision with the Manchester Wholesale Co-operative Society steamer "Progress", which left a breach in the "Cuxhaven"′s stokehold.
- The Firemen were the men who stood watches in the stokehold feeding tons of coal into the furnaces beneath the boilers to keep up a head of steam.
- In the opinion of the Court the writer got into the stokehold but by what means excepting by stress of weather, it was unable to say.
- This was probably caused by an unnoticed stokehold fire heating cordite stored against an adjacent bulkhead in one of the two magazines which served the amidships turrets P and Q.
- The fire penetrated the timber bulkhead between the cargo hold and the stokehold, but "Balmes" [...] engine room crew managed to keep steam up to keep the ship under way.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!