|NOUN || a tercentenary | tercentenaries |
|SYNO ||tercentenary | tercentennial | triennial|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- In 1999, her majesty Elizabeth II took part in the school celebrations of its tercentenary.
- In 1897, the tercentenary of Hideyoshi was celebrated at this site.
- Her medical school, Trinity College, celebrated its tercentenary in 2011, and Bewley served on the tercentenary board from 2007 to 2012.
- In 1960, the school celebrated its tercentenary and Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother visited as part of the celebrations, opening new buildings and attending a garden party.
- Coinciding with the tercentenary of the trials in 1992, there was a flurry of publications.
- On 11 November 1931 it celebrated its tercentenary in the presence of Sir Arthur Quiller-Couch.
- Ben Iden Payne produced the play in Manchester in 1909, and again in Stratford for the Jonson tercentenary in 1937. The later production received much more favourable reviews.
- In 2004 the Government of Gibraltar minted a new edition of its coins to commemorate the tercentenary of British Gibraltar (1704-2004).
- In 1945 Bourne was the preacher at a Solemn Eucharist in St Laurence's Church, Reading, that was held to commemorate the tercentenary of William Laud's execution.
- In March 2001, the monument was included in the programme for the tercentenary celebrations of the founding of Saint Petersburg but received no budget allocation.
- Westminster's tercentenary publication reports that four students died.
- The Bachwürfel (English: Bach-Cube) is an Austrian confectionery created in 1985 on the occasion of the composer Johann Sebastian Bach's tercentenary by Salzburg confectioner Norbert Fürst.
- He was also a noted cartoonist and illustrator, producing 689 highlighted drawings for the tercentenary edition of "Don Quijote" (published 1905).
- The society also marked the tercentenary by commissioning a bronze portrait bust of Linnaeus by the sculptor Anthony Smith.
- The following year Rallet introduced the "Bouquet de Catherine" honoring Catherine the Great and the tercentenary of the Romanov dynasty. Again the perfumer was Ernest Beaux.
- The Linnean Tercentenary Medal was commissioned in 2007 by the Linnean Society to commemorate the tercentenary of the birth of Carl Linnaeus.
- It now has 63 houses and bungalows in Beeston, Nottingham. Four bungalows were completed in 2010 - designed by the Nottingham firm Marsh Grochowski for the tercentenary year.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!