|SYNO ||dry land | earth | ground | ...|
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Scripps also studies the interaction of the oceans with both the atmospheric climate and environmental concerns on "terra firma."
- Citigroup (which held $4 billion in debt) took 100% ownership of EMI Group from Terra Firma Capital Partners on 1 February 2011, writing off £2.2 billion of debt and reducing EMI's debt load by 65%.
- Angiolini is a member of Terra Firma Chambers, with a particular interest in public administrative law and professional negligence.
- The art historian Carl Justi observed that the left and center panels are drenched in tropical and oceanic atmosphere, and concluded that Bosch was inspired by "the news of recently discovered Atlantis and by drawings of its tropical scenery, just as Columbus himself, when approaching terra firma, thought that the place he had found at the mouth of the Orinoco was the site of the Earthly Paradise".
- In the Mainland Southeast Asian countries of Cambodia, Laos and Thailand, earth (terra firma) is personified as Phra Mae Thorani, but her role in Buddhist mythology differs considerably from that of Mother Nature.
- When Zeus' wife Hera discovered that Leto was pregnant, she banned Leto from giving birth on "terra firma".
- Sun Boy returns to the Legion and reveals that he has had all remaining members of Terra Firma arrested. His return is put to a vote per his request.
- 2 in 1916, he suffered terrible agonies as adequate blood circulation returned to his muscles once he reached terra firma.
- In 2007, EMI was acquired by the private equity firm Terra Firma. Radiohead were critical of the new management, and no new deal was agreed.
- He is most notable as the founder and chairman of Terra Firma Capital Partners, one of the largest private equity firms in Europe.
- He celebrated the first mass on NZ 'terra firma' at Tōtara Point, Hokianga, in 1838.
- Birt remained at Number 10 as an unpaid adviser until December 2005, when he left to join private equity firm Terra Firma Capital Partners as an adviser.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!