Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Sensors include forward-looking infrared (FLIR) and terrain-following radar.
- 5 turned back because the mine-laying helicopters were not equipped with terrain-following radar.
- These features allowed for an innovative autopilot system which, in turn, enabled long distance terrain-following sorties as crew workload and pilot input had been greatly reduced.
- Terrain-following radar (TFR) is a military aerospace technology that allows a very-low-flying aircraft to automatically maintain a relatively constant altitude above ground level and therefore make detection by enemy radar more difficult.
- Sustainment and logistics at range yield high costs and there may be a saturation advantage over a deployed force through the use of land-based air or surface-to-surface missile assets (whether on terrain-following or ballistic trajectories), diesel-electric submarines, or asymmetric tactics such as Fast Inshore Attack Craft.
- Radar altimeter technology is also used in terrain-following radar allowing combat aircraft to fly at very low height above the terrain.
- The aircraft carries a TsNPO Leninets "Obzor-K" (Survey, NATO: Clam Pipe) radar for tracking ground and air targets, and a separate "Sopka" Terrain-following radar.
- and begun its descent to its terrain-following exit altitude.
- The terrain-following and terrain-avoidance radar, forward looking infrared sensor, inertial navigation system with Global Positioning System, along with a projected map display enable the crew to follow terrain contours and avoid obstacles, making low-level penetration possible.
- The aircraft features autopilot ability at all flight stages including low-altitude flight in terrain-following radar mode, and individual and group combat employment against air and ground/sea-surface targets.
- The Terrain Following mode computed changes in altitude only to a programmed minimum airspeed of [...] , well outside the parameters of the mission.
- To make the B-2 more effective than previous bombers, many advanced and modern avionics systems were integrated into its design; these have been modified and improved following a switch to conventional warfare missions.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!