|NOUN || a toponym | toponyms |
|SYNO ||place name | toponym|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The regional name Dalmatia has the same root as the tribal name Dalmatae and the toponym Delminium.
- There are multiple examples of the term Kakarriqi being used as a toponym.
- The toponym "Mont Ham Regional Park" is linked to the name of the mountain. This toponym was made official on November 27, 2015, at the Place Names Bank of the Commission de toponymie du Québec.
- The origin of the toponym "Ruisseau des Meules" is linked to the toponym rivière du Moulin by being associated with the molding of the grains.
- The toponym "Petite rivière Manitou" is linked to the toponym "rivière Manitou" of which it is a tributary.
- This toponym evokes the first name of one of the pioneers of Saint-Irénée.
- The toponym “Lac Sergent” was already in use before 1829.
- This toponym refers to its location north of the Sainte-Anne river.
- The toponym "montagne de l'Épaule" is linked to the toponym of the river of the same name.
- The toponym "Sautauriski mountain" is linked to the toponym of the river of the same name.
- The toponym "Ager Vaticanus" is attested until the 1st century AD: afterwards, another toponym appeared, "Vaticanus", denoting an area much more restricted: the Vatican hill, today's St.
- The toponym "Maicasagi River" is of Native American origin. This toponym is on a map dated 1955.
- In annotating media and metadata, the conversion using a map and the geographical evidence (e.g. GPS), is the most usual approach to obtain toponym, or a geocode that represents the toponym.
- The toponym "Mont Ham Regional Park" is linked to the name of the mountain. The latest toponym was made official on December 5, 1968 at the Place Names Bank of the Commission de toponymie du Québec.
- Gordon Thomasson proposes that the toponym Mormon (MRMN) and the toponym Hermounts (HRMN) might be the same word, as both are found in the Book of Mormon text and both reference a wilderness infested by wild beasts.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!