Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Andrew Tosh (born Carlos Andrew McIntosh, 19 June 1967) is a Jamaican reggae singer and the son of Peter Tosh.
- The reggae artist "Winston Hubert McIntosh" was born in Petersfield, and later on, when he lived in Jamaica's capital Kingston, he changed his name to "Peter" McIntosh (Peter Tosh).
- Names associated with the club have included Tony Cargill, Jim McIntosh, Samuel Meston, Mark McWalter and Paul Tosh.
- Vitosha Saddle (Vitoshka Sedlovina \'vi-tosh-ka se-dlo-vi-'na\) is a narrow ice-covered saddle of elevation 1050 m extending in southwest–northeast direction between Great Needle Peak (Falsa Aguja Peak) and Vihren Peak in the Levski Ridge of Tangra Mountains, eastern Livingston Island in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica.
- From 2013 to present she has appeared in the recurring role of DS Alison 'Tosh' McIntosh, in the Scottish television crime drama, "Shetland" made by ITV Studios for the BBC.
- Melanie McDonagh recalled the novel as "amiable tosh" and "a perfect example of the genre".
- He was nicknamed "Big Tosh" and was an engineer at Lady Victoria Colliery. He was educated at Newtongrange Primary School and Newbattle Secondary. McIntosh died on 16 August 2008 aged 72.
- A video featuring a golf-cart running over Matt has been featured on the TV shows "tosh.0", "Country Fried Home Videos", and "World's Dumbest...".
- Unnamed in the theatrical cartoons, they were given the names Mac and Tosh in the 1960s TV show "The Bugs Bunny Show".
- On the negative side, one reviewer felt the "narrative fails to convey adequately the sense of trepidation and urgency that one would expect from such a desperate man" and Alan Wall in "The Guardian" called it "buccaneering tosh".
- Sean O'Grady of "The Independent" described the episode as "an abomination" and "opioid atavistic tosh", panning the portrayal of the setting as "cloyingly class-ridden [...] and bewilderingly archaic to modern eyes".
- A tosher is someone who scavenges in the sewers, a sewer-hunter, especially in London during the Victorian era.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!