|SYNO ||up | upward | upwardly | ...|
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Scottish Romanichal traders were upwardly mobile. By 1830, they travelled to the potteries in Staffordshire, buying china and other goods and selling the items chiefly in Northumberland while based in Kirk Yetholm in Roxburghshire.
- Today, the community has taken to modern education and is upwardly mobile.
- Yuppie, short for "young urban professional" or "young upwardly-mobile professional", is a term coined in the early 1980s for a young professional person working in a city.
- Espinoza's breakout role "Jesse Vasquez", the upwardly mobile but cheating husband of Gabrielle Carteris' character Andrea on "Beverly Hills, 90210" from 1993 to 1995, quickly established him as an audience favorite at a time when Latin actors were scarce in primetime television.
- "New men" refers to various socially upwardly mobile groups in England during the late Middle Ages.
- Debbie is Walford's first upwardly mobile character.
- Judith Barker (born 22 June 1943) is an English actress, best known for her role in "Coronation Street" as the upwardly mobile homewrecker Janet Reid, which she played between 1969 and 1977.
- Anglia Ruskin University has been named as one of the most upwardly mobile universities in the world.
- The rear end section of a skateboard mounts an inclined lever that is sloped upwardly and rearwardly from the skateboard.
- The animals heads are seen in profile, they have slender almond-shaped eyes and there are upwardly curled appendages on the noses and the necks.
- After marrying Ilya Nikolayevich Ulyanov, an upwardly mobile teacher of mathematics and physics, the couple lived in moderate prosperity in Penza.
- The paper's website says it stands for freedom, justice and the market economy. Its target audience is the business and political elite, the affluent, the educated and the upwardly mobile.
- Despite that location, the mall itself targets a younger, upwardly-mobile customer segment, according to FedLand Brent Retail President Edward Tan.
- Its population is growing with upwardly mobile city dwellers seeking escape to wide open spaces and clean air.
- He came from an upwardly mobility family but he chose to relinquish material comforts and he led an ascetic life.
- Phragmoceratids are characterized by generally compressed, upwardly curved endogastric shells with slit-like apertures for egress and ventral siphuncles with broadly expanded segments, thick connecting rings, and small to vestigial bullettes.
- horizontally to the floor, developing weird curved patterns and even upwardly.
- Of these, 250 appear to date from the neighborhood's original development, and reflect the upwardly-mobile, middle-class character of the neighborhood.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!