Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- In order to interpret a text, then, the interpreter must consider both the inner thoughts of the author and the language that s/he used in writing the text.
- In Roman law, "certiorari" was suggested in terms of reviewing a case—much as the term is applied today—although the term was also used in writing to indicate the need or duty to inform other parties of a court's ruling.
- In the western United States and Canada, it is also called "mountain lion", a name first used in writing in 1858.
- ... "placing") is used in writing or speech either as a proposition that contrasts with or reverses some previously mentioned proposition, or when two opposites are introduced together for contrasting effect.
- There are a number of additional symbols only used to write Sanskrit or Pali, and not used in writing Thai.
- The name Ledra and variations (such as Ledroi) remained in use as late as 392 AD, when it was used in writing by Saint Jerome.
- The normal transliteration of the "ü" ('u' with an umlaut) when used in writing systems without diacritics (such as airport arrival boards, older computer systems, etc.) is "ue", not just "u".
- Modern Standard Arabic is the contemporary literary and standard register of Classical Arabic used in writing across all Arabic-speaking countries and any governing body with Arabic as an official language.
- The term "standard deviation" was first used in writing by Karl Pearson in 1894, following his use of it in lectures.
- The word itself used to be associated with something being on fire or being "lit" up until 1988 when it was first used in writing to indicate a person who was drunk in the book "Warbirds: Diary of an Unknown Aviator".
- In antiquity, a cursive form of handwriting was used in writing on papyrus.
- According to Gray, there are various argument strategies used in writing.
- Italian orthography (the conventions used in writing Italian) uses 21 letters of the 26-letter Latin alphabet to write the Italian language.
- Note, however, that this is not considered the standard Kreyòl most often heard in the media or used in writing.
- Standard German is used in writing and in Germany orally in formal contexts throughout the Alemannic-speaking regions (with the exception of Alsace, where French or the Alsatian dialect of Alemannic is used instead).
- Orthography thus describes or defines the set of symbols used in writing a language and the conventions that broadly regulate their use.
- A large collection from a single area is used in writing a field guide or manual to aid in the identification of plants that grow there.
- Whilst the Arabic script called Jawi has less influence in the other parts of Malaysia, it is still widely used in writing and printing the Malay language in Kelantan.
- Ƒ is used in writing the Ewe language in a straight form to represent the sound [...] , as distinct from the letter F, which represents an [...].
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!