|VERB || to venerate | venerated | venerated|
venerating | venerates
|SYNO ||to fear | to revere | to reverence | ...|
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The Anglican Church of Australia and the Scottish Episcopal Church remember and venerate Couturier liturgically on 24 March.
- The tanbur is currently the musical instrument used in Ahl-e Haqq (Yarsani) rituals, and practitioners venerate tembûrs as sacred objects.
- She may be represented by a stone. Temples that venerate her do so under the name of Pidari Amman.
- When naming a clan the name of the founder could be used or the animal they venerate.
- Tibetans traditionally venerate their elders within their families.
- In the Catholic Church, canonization is a decree that allows universal veneration of the saint. For permission to venerate merely locally, only beatification is needed.
- We venerate Thy Passion, O Christ "(three times)".
- Some Chongwu locals venerate the twenty-seven martyrs PLA martyrs as deities who can perform miracles.
- On September 30 of each year, locals venerate the patron of Muntić, St. Jerome.
- When the Theotokopouloses go to the windows to venerate the body of Christ, Samuel sees Catalina and falls in love with her.
- At Ashridge, pilgrims could venerate a phial of the Blood of Christ before proceeding to St Albans Abbey to venerate the holy relics of Saint Alban.
- Sorcerers venerate their masters as well as the founders of witchcraft in their family.
- Today Shaykh Muse is reputed to be the ancestor of the clan named after him and who venerate him once every year.
- His family believed that their deceased members became gods and they should venerate them, hence exist two conceptions of Ryukyuan religion in Okinawa whether to venerate the ancestors or nature.
- Some of them venerate Jela (an "M Strain") for his skills and deeds as a warrior.
- The Padma Purana states that those who venerate the Akshayavata with devotion are freed from sins.
- The church holds a monthly mass in honor of St. Gerard at which expectant parents and others hoping to become expectant venerate the saint.
- This deme, along with that of Ionidae, venerated the "kolokratai"; these two demoi were the only ones, as far as we know, to venerate deities together.
- Conservative philosopher Russell Kirk argued that libertarians "bear no authority, temporal or spiritual" and do not "venerate ancient beliefs and customs, or the natural world, or [...] country, or the immortal spark in [...] fellow men."
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!