|SYNO ||bowed down | heavy | loaded down | ...|
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Polidori died at his father's London house on 24 August 1821, weighed down by depression and gambling debts.
- However, as technology changed, so did the uniforms as actual sweaters absorbed too much moisture and became weighed down and cumbersome throughout the course of a game.
- Introduced on 1 May 1939, The German designs suffered performance deficits as they were weighed down by a two- or three-man crew and extra cockpit accommodations.
- At the age of 41 Tsuji suffered a major asthma attack and after hospitalization became weighed down with substantial hospital bills.
- His breathing apparatus and rope gets caught and punctured by rocks on the reef and weighed down by water, he drowns.
- Houdini was locked in handcuffs and leg-irons, then nailed into the crate which was roped and weighed down with two hundred pounds of lead.
- Weighed down by smuggling, corruption and growing administrative costs in the late 18th century, the company went bankrupt and was formally dissolved in 1799.
- However, he asserted that the album parallels their debut in that it focuses on two strong singles while it is "weighed down by filler".
- At the end of the century, human bodies were able to move without being weighed down by heavy costumes.
- Chicken under a brick is a manner of preparation in which the chicken is weighed down by a brick or other heavy object.
- The company faced its most significant crisis since its founding when it plunged into the red in 2006, due to escalating costs and weighed down by up to £6.8 million in short term debt.
- Fortuny rebelled against the style lines that were popular during his time period, and he and Henriette created the Delphos gown, a shift dress made of finely pleated silk weighed down by glass beads that held its shape and flowed on the body.
- Carter develops over the course of his publication history and through personal tragedies to become a hero weighed down by his reputation.
- The Blackrock Stakes is a 122 km race from Goldsworthy to Port Hedland in which competitors, either in teams or as individuals, push wheelbarrows weighed down with iron ore.
- The wood should be weighed down and piled so that the solution can reach all surfaces.
- It recommends safety standards, but member states are not required to comply; it promotes nuclear energy, but it also monitors nuclear use; it is the sole global organisation overseeing the nuclear energy industry, yet it is also weighed down by checking compliance with the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).
- 140, At the same time, he was weighed down by his own recent "faux pas" [...] notably, when he tried unsuccessfully to recruit a mistress of the king as a spy (the mistress refused Fouquet’s offer of money and duly reported it to the king).
- The inland side is heavy stone; the seaward side is boulder clay with brushwood mattresses above, weighed down by basalt boulders and old concrete.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!