Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Although there were no reported cases of female genital mutilation (FGM) in the country, the city of Vienna set up a counseling office in June to assist female immigrants from African countries who were victims of FGM.
- In 2019, Equality Now joined with other organisations working to end FGM at the Women Deliver conference to launch the Global Platform to End FGM/C.
- Fatou Baldeh MBE (born December 1983) is a Gambian FGM survivor and women's rights activist who campaigns to end female genital mutilation (FGM).
- Global efforts to end FGM, including criminalisation, have long focused on Africa, where most countries that have traditionally practiced FGM are located and anti-FGM campaigns have been quite successful in the 1990s through 2010s, but have long under-appreciated traditionally FGM-practicing countries in Asia and immigrant communities in countries with no FGM tradition.
- In 2019, The Five Foundation advocated to have FGM included in the UK Children's Act.
- Female circumcision, also known as FGM, ("berkhatan") is practised in Malaysia.
- The organisation raised awareness of the practice of FGM, provided support and resources for women who have experienced FGM, and campaigned to eliminate FGM.
- FGM was banned in Egypt in 2007. In 2015 the first conviction for performing FGM took place.
- FGM rates are lower in other regions: Tambacounda (86%), Ziguinchor (69%), and less than 5% in Diourbel and Louga Regions.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!