Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The Stuka's design included several innovations, including automatic pull-up dive brakes under both wings to ensure that the aircraft recovered from its attack dive even if the pilot blacked out from the high g-forces.
- The participants of a joust on horseback experience close to three and a quarter times their body weight in G-forces when the lances collide with their armour.
- The extreme g-forces involved with direct railgun ground-launch to space may restrict the usage to only the sturdiest of payloads.
- Among other design flaws they discovered was that the Venera landers, after being subjected to a centrifuge test, failed at half the G forces that they were supposed to handle.
- Because of the G-forces, risk of spatial disorientation, and risk of hypoxia encountered in the aviation environment, among other challenges, early flight surgeons found that aviation personnel must be scrupulously healthy and well trained in the basics of aerospace physiology.
- He went into a flat spin at a rotational velocity of about 120 rpm, the g-forces at his extremities having been calculated to be over 22 times the force of gravity, setting another record.
- The rate of rotation in a spiral dive can be reduced by using a drogue chute, deployed just before the spiral is induced. This reduces the G forces experienced.
- Racing drivers experience extremely large g-forces because formula cars and sports prototypes generate more downforce and are able to corner at significantly higher speeds.
- From 1948 to 1949, Stapp headed research project MX981 at Muroc Army Air Field (later renamed Edwards Air Force Base) for the purpose of testing the human tolerance for g-forces during rapid deceleration.
- This, for example, allows minimization of aerodynamic losses and can limit the increase of "g"-forces due to the reduction in propellant load.
- There had been interest in the idea of a prone pilot for combat aircraft to reduce the effect of "g"-forces during maneuvering.
- The g-force experienced by an object is due to the vector sum of all non-gravitational forces acting on an object's freedom to move.
- Some control of the capsule reentry orientation was possible by way of positioning of the heavy equipment to offset the vehicle center of gravity, which also maximized the chance of the cosmonaut surviving g-forces while in a horizontal position.
- By banking, the center of gravity would be maintained so up is still up but the g forces generated at such speeds would surely injure the occupants.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!