Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Vickers manufactured and sold the Maxim machine gun, forming a partnership with Hiram Maxim, its inventor.
- In 1910 the factory started production of the Maxim machine gun.
- He uses a Maxim machine gun to threaten the passengers and now declares his loyalty to the Muslim cause.
- The growing accuracy and rate of fire of rifles, together with the invention of the Maxim machine gun in 1883, meant that close order line infantry would suffer huge losses before being able to close with their foe, while the defensive advantages given to line infantry against cavalry became irrelevant with the effective removal of offensive cavalry from the battlefield in the face of the improved weaponry.
- Parris Island's Iron Mike is depicted carrying a Maxim machine gun over his right shoulder and an M1911 pistol in his raised left hand, created as a memorial to all of the Parris Island graduates who were killed during World War I.
- A good example of growth in rate of fire is the Maxim machine gun that was developed in 1884 and used until World War I ended in 1918.
- The Maxim M/09-21 is a Maxim machine gun variant made by Finland and used by the Finnish army during World War II.
- Maxim ”Machine Gun Company of the Special Defense Against Aircraft (DECA) of the People's Army of the Republic (EPR).
- The MG 11 was based on the water-cooled Maxim machine gun, which had been developed by Hiram Stevens Maxim in 1885. The MG 11 was the last of a series of Swiss derivatives of the Maxim machine gun.
- The Maxim machine gun used the recoil power of the previously fired bullet to reload rather than being hand-powered, enabling a much higher rate of fire than was possible using earlier designs such as the Nordenfelt and Gatling weapons.
- Technically 7,62 ItKk/31 VKT is a Maxim machine gun that has been modified for a higher rate of fire with an accelerator and the use of 250-round disintegrating metallic belts (instead of canvas belts).
- ] Maxim machine gun. Two twin [...] torpedo tubes were fitted.
- The armored boats were purpose-built patrol craft inherited from the Imperial Navy; their armament consisted of one Maxim machine gun in a rotating turret, with a crew of 7.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!