Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Seyfert galaxies are named after Carl Seyfert, who first described this class in 1943.
- While it still might be valid that an obscured Seyfert 1 can appear as a Seyfert 2, not all Seyfert 2s must host an obscured Seyfert 1.
- Her first marriage was to Wolfgang Seyfert. They had a daughter, Gabriele Seyfert, before divorcing.
- NGC 4324 is classified as a Seyfert Galaxy Despite being classified as a Seyfert galaxy, NGC 4324 has no delectable nuclear radio continuum emission lines, suggesting that the emission lines that led to its classification as a Seyfert come from stellar processes such as photoionization driven by supernova remnants and/or planetary nebulae which can mimic the high-ionization nebular emission characteristic of the nuclei of other observed Seyfert Galaxies.
- On May 20, 1935, Muriel married Carl Keenan Seyfert who was the founder and first director of Vanderbilt University's Dyer Observatory in Nashville, Tennessee, and the Seyfert galaxies and Seyfert's Sextet would later be named after him.
- In 1992 Seyfert relocated to New York City to work as interactive media content producer and internet entrepreneur.
- Joseph Wenzel, a former legislative aide and close associate of Seyfert, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to tamper with a witness in Seyfert's trial.
- Seyfert died in an automobile accident in Nashville on June 13, 1960; a residential street near the Dyer Observatory was subsequently renamed "Carl Seyfert Memorial Drive" in his honor.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!