|NOUN || an abacus | abacuses / abaci |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Incas have been known to have used abacuses to calculate mathematics.
- The first three piers closest to the altar are topped with red abacuses to define the sacred space.
- The Ancient Romans developed the Roman hand abacus, a portable, but less capable, base-10 version of earlier abacuses like those that were used by the Greeks and Babylonians.
- Within these conceptual spreadsheets, abacuses, and hieroglyphics are reminders of the artist’s hand.
- Huang and his colleagues had very primitive resources, using abacuses to do calculations and gathering information from foreign newspapers.
- European abacuses use ten beads in each register, but usually separate them into fives by color.
- Small crests are hidden in the abacuses. The Romanesque rounded arches were built in the 14th century and stand near additional Gothic pointed arches in the background.
- Math lab is a project where the teachers and students create gadgets and models to help the study of mathematics. The articles include abacuses, slide rules, and place value cards.
- Bi-quinary coded decimal is a numeral encoding scheme used in many abacuses and in some early computers, including the Colossus.
- The students built base-20 abacuses in the school workshop.
- The combination of land development, immigration, and communal finance all managed under the diligent use of abacuses was a success and became the standard methodology of economic development in feudal Japan.
- In the unique nave it opened two doors, one to south and one to the west (puerta de los pies); still the remains of one of the two in which it can see the three midpoint archivolts that support in the abacuses united to impost.
- Formed of arches and of solid ribbed edges discharged into thin columns with vegetal capitals and abacuses in circular bocel [...].
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!