|NOUN || a campaign of intimidation | campaigns of intimidation |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Observers worry that a campaign of intimidation against the opposition is being waged by security forces, including the Rapid Action Battalion paramilitary unit, established in 2004 under the BNP government, and local police, to benefit the government of Sheikh Hasina.
- In June, 1964, he sent a cable to Pope Paul VI asking him to remove Cardinal McIntyre from office as Archbishop of Los Angeles for "conducting a vicious campaign of intimidation against priests, nuns, and lay Catholics" supporting the civil-rights movement.
- In the meantime, Perry began a campaign of intimidation, by sending boats to survey the surrounding area, and threatened to use force if the Japanese guard boats around the American squadron did not disperse.
- Ms Bakhtiar complained of a campaign of intimidation against her, and had told a Senate Standing Committee that her life was under threat.
- Allan's newspaper reported in a front-page spread that the attack was a culmination of a campaign of intimidation against her that had included prowlers outside her apartment and telephone death threats.
- The campaign of intimidation launched by the Israeli lobby and their supporters is seeking to de-legitimize Arab Canadian institutions, services, access to public funds and to silence all criticism of Israel.
- On 6 April 1999, in the campaign of intimidation and violence that preceded the referendum for East Timorese independence, about 200 persons were killed in the Liquiçá Church Massacre, when members of the Besi Merah Putih militia, supported by Indonesian soldiers and police, attacked the parish church "Igreja de São João de Brito".
- Due to his loyalty to the French administration, he rose to be Director of Police and Public Security, and lead a campaign of intimidation and harassment of nationalist leaders and organizations.
- In the election of 1892, the "Gen'yōsha" mounted a campaign of intimidation and violence with the tacit support of the Matsukata administration to influence the outcome of the election.
- In addition, the group launched a campaign of intimidation against the ruling party, killing more than seventy members of Parliament between July and November.
- hostile campaign of intimidation." "The government of Azerbaijan is making a mockery of its international obligations on freedom of expression," remarked HRW's Europe and Central Asia director Hugh Williamson.
- They believe that their colleague's murder was part of a campaign of intimidation against those who investigate alleged links between drug traffickers and politicians in the state of Veracruz.
- A campaign of intimidation against the two men begins.
- The campaign of intimidation was led by the governor Miguel Gómez and José de J.
- Project Aladdin was in the news in 2009 for its criticism of Hezbollah, citing a "campaign of intimidation" in relation to the use of "The Diary of Anne Frank" in a Lebanese private school.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!