|SYNO ||every now and then | every so often|
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The host from "The Middle of the Film" opens an envelope and blandly reveals the meaning of life: "Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations".
- The 1111 was a popular jazz club which was always full on Friday and Saturday nights with jazz lovers from the northern suburbs of Chicago. Every now and then other well-known jazz musicians, such as Muggsy Spanier, would drop in and sit and play until dawn.
- Although the different stones formally have the same chemical composition and structure, they are not exactly the same. Every now and then an atom is replaced by a completely different atom, sometimes as few as one in a million atoms.
- There are food stalls and events such as concert and games every now and then.
- Hooded seals have also been known to be vagrant in the Canary Islands every now and then.
- He then appears in subsequent comics offering Terry advice every now and then.
- Francisco Arce defended Santa Cruz, informing that "Chilavert comes out to say stupid things every now and then.
- Every now and then there was a crisis that called for military action, and Lower Fort Garry was the obvious choice for a base of operations.
- At summertime extreme torrential rains are getting common every now and then in the region.
- The ruling party GPC called upon the opposition to "acquaint themselves with constitutional systems before starting to talk every now and then about...rosy dreams and illusions".
- Storsjön is said to be the home of Storsjöodjuret, a cryptid lake monster not unlike the Loch Ness Monster, and every now and then there are new reports of people having spotted it.
- Nothing came of this but every now and then the idea rears its head once more to be met with great enthusiasm before failing to get off the ground again.
- They can propel themselves almost three times their body length to reach a vine or tree branch, yet their feet do not have as much traction as other gecko's feet do, so they slip every now and then, making them seem clumsy.
- His relationship with Leonardo is one based on rivalry. Every now and then Raphael would argue with him.
- Surface water is blown westwards by the prevailing winds and deeper water is forced upwards to replace it. Every now and then, the surface water sloshes back across the ocean, bringing warm water temperatures along the eastern coasts of the Pacific.
- The angler sits at the hole in the ice and lifts the pole every now and then, producing the jig effect.
- The genre of videos shown were primarily R&B, Dance and Hip-Hop, with a few Pop videos thrown in every now and then.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!