|NOUN || an explosive oil | explosive oils |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- (or AN/FO, for ammonium nitrate/fuel oil) is a widely used bulk industrial explosive.
- On June 23, 1938, seven local men were killed and five more injured when an explosive charge used in oil drilling detonated prematurely.
- Pipelines conveying flammable or explosive material, such as natural gas or oil, pose special safety concerns.
- The subsequent investigation determined that the most probable cause of the fire was ignition of an explosive concentration of hydraulic oil, and that the reactions of the crew were prompt and correct.
- Inert gas is used because oxygen and oil can form an explosive mixture when combined under high pressure.
- Natural gas condensate is generally more flammable and explosive than normal crude oil.
- of ammonium nitrate fertilizer and fuel oil explosive mixture, into the Jewish Community Center building located in a densely constructed commercial area of Buenos Aires.
- It must be stored in a dry inert gas atmosphere or anhydrous mineral oil to prevent the formation of a surface layer of potassium superoxide, a pressure-sensitive explosive that detonates when scratched.
- The most significant tertiary material in widespread general usage is ANFO, an explosive binary made from Ammonium nitrate and Fuel oil.
- These non-sparking features are best applied in explosive environments such as in the Oil & Gas and gunpowder industries.
- The inert gas system is used to prevent the atmosphere in cargo tanks or bunkers from coming into the explosive range.
- This was due to the combination of the Japanese having intercepted demands for air support from the American forces, and the mistaken belief that the high explosive shells being fired in desperation by the American cruisers were air-dropped bombs.
- A few tools (called "powder-actuated tools") are powered by explosive cartridges.
- They would destroy the hotel and its occupants with explosive and gunfire.
- 1034 hidden in an oil storage tank near the Bensheba refinery to seek and destroy Jason Smith's truck filled with explosives.
- A shaped charge is an explosive charge shaped to focus the effect of the explosive's energy.
- The 90mm Denel GT-2 gun, which fires fin-stabilised high-explosive (HE) and high-explosive anti-tank (HEAT) projectiles, is heavier than that mounted in the Saladin and provides the Eland with a very potent form of armament, considering its small size and speed.
- At the end of the program, a major objective was to develop nuclear explosives, and blast techniques, for stimulating the flow of natural gas in "tight" underground reservoir formations.
- Closely related to Sprengel explosives, cheddites consisted of a high proportion of inorganic chlorates mixed with nitroaromatics (e.g. ...
- Nuclear explosives were once considered for use in large-scale excavation.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!