Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- In March 1944, a proposal was made by the Australian government to purchase a light fleet carrier, specifically "Ocean".
- Meanwhile, the major part Third Fleet continued to close on Ozawa's Northern Force, which included one fleet carrier (the last surviving Japanese carrier of the six that had attacked Pearl Harbor) and three light carriers.
- At the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands in 1942, the Nakajima B5N "Kate", despite being in service since 1935, played a key role in sinking USS "Hornet", while the new Grumman TBF Avenger torpedo bombers failed to hit a fleet carrier.
- This engagement marked the only time a fleet carrier was sunk by surface gunnery.
- The United Kingdom returned to the fleet carrier idea with the construction of the Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carriers, which are larger than the cancelled CVA-01s.
- The 1942 Design Light Fleet Carrier, commonly referred to as the British Light Fleet Carrier, was a light aircraft carrier design created by the Royal Navy during the Second World War, and used by eight naval forces between 1944 and 2001.
- A light aircraft carrier, or light fleet carrier, is an aircraft carrier that is smaller than the standard carriers of a navy.
- Leaving the yard in January 1956, "Randolph" conducted air operations off the East Coast for the next six months, and was the first Atlantic Fleet carrier to launch a Regulus guided missile from her flight deck.
- A fleet carrier is intended to operate with the main fleet and usually provides an offensive capability.
- Although the American carrier aircraft strikes caused less destruction to enemy naval vessels than earlier battles, American submarines made up for it by sinking two of the three Japanese fleet carriers, which left "Zuikaku" as the only remaining operational IJN fleet carrier.
- Fewer than two days before launch from Pearl Harbor, Nimitz's commander of the fleet carrier force, Admiral Halsey, was hospitalized with severe shingles; Halsey immediately recommended Admiral Spruance to Nimitz as his replacement with Admiral Fletcher receiving overall command.
- Following the British government's decision to withdraw its Harrier aircraft at the end of 2010, the former light fleet carrier [...] also performed this role until decommissioning in 2014.
- she was hit by two bombs dropped by planes from the fleet carrier [...] and the light carrier [...].
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!