Werbung
 Übersetzung für 'foal' von Englisch nach Deutsch
NOUN   a foal | foals
VERB   to foal | foaled | foaled
foaling | foals
agr.zool.
to foal
fohlen
91
agr.zool.
to foal
abfohlen
57
Substantive
zool.
foal
Fohlen {n}
575
2 Wörter
zool.
ass's foal
Eselfohlen {n}
zool.
camel foal
Kamelfohlen {n}
zool.
camel foal
Kamelfüllen {n}
zool.
donkey foal
Eselfohlen {n}
zool.
donkey foal
Eselsfüllen {n} [geh.]
zool.
donkey foal
Eselsfohlen {n} [ugs.] [Eselfohlen]
foal brandingFohlenbrennen {n}
equest.VetMed.
foal estrus [Am.] [first postpartum estrus]
Fohlenrosse {f} [erste Rosse der Stute nach der Geburt des Fohlens]
equest.VetMed.
foal heat
Fohlenrosse {f}
equest.VetMed.
foal oestrus [Br.] [first postpartum oestrus]
Fohlenrosse {f} [erste Rosse der Stute nach der Geburt des Fohlens]
zool.
nursing foal
Saugfohlen {n}
equest.zool.
warmblood foal
Warmblutfohlen {n}
zool.
zebra foal
Zebrafohlen {n}
3 Wörter
zool.
to be in foal
ein Fohlen erwarten
zool.
to be in foal
trächtig sein [Stute]
equest.zool.
foal-proud mare
[Stute, die es niemandem erlaubt, in die Nähe ihres Fohlens zu kommen]
5+ Wörter
equest.zool.
to give birth to a foal
ein Fohlen zur Welt bringen
20 Übersetzungen
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!

Anwendungsbeispiele Englisch
  • Horse foals are often born with "foal pangaré" or light points, especially over black haired areas, which they lose when they shed their foal coats.
  • Bred to Round Table twice and twice producing a foal, Gamely died of a ruptured stomach five days after her second foal. She is buried at Claiborne Farm.
  • If the foal miscarries, is stillborn, or is unable to stand and nurse, it is not considered a live foal, and the mare owner is entitled to a re-breeding.
  • The Project's first foal was born on 9 December 1988.
  • Many owners of high-quality stallions also offer a live foal guarantee with a breeding, usually defined as a guarantee that once the mare leaves the stud farm confirmed to be in foal by a veterinarian, she will give birth to a foal that stands and nurses, or else the stud farm will re-breed the mare for no stud fee the following season.

  • Others may leave a foal alone for its first few hours or days, arguing that it is more important to allow the foal to bond with its dam.
  • On a visit to England in 1906 Green purchased broodmare Tragedy Queen, who was in foal to Persimmon. The foal grew up to be the stallion Comedy King, winner of the 1910 Melbourne Cup.
  • A hippomane is commonly referred to among horsemen as 'foal's bread'.
  • Treatment of the condition is supportive care. This may include stomach tubing the foal, intravenous fluids, antimicrobials for infection prevention, and assisting the foal to rise and nursing care.
  • In 1997, Blush With Pride was sold, in foal to Deputy Minister, and was sent to Ireland. The foal she was carrying at the time, Turnberry Isle, became an Irish Group III winner.

  • She produced her last foal, a colt sired by Archipenko in February 2012, but died shortly after delivering the foal.
  • The plains of Westmeath, covered in calcium-rich marl, contribute significantly to calcification of foal bones during their formative years.
  • On 13 August 2012 Vinery Stud confirmed that Typhoon Tracy died shortly after delivering her first foal. Her foal, from the sire Street Cry, showed no ill effects before its mother's death.
  • Bred to A.P. Indy, Got Koko produced her first foal in 2006 named Koko Pop. She died while giving birth to a foal by Bernardini.
  • She died after surgery for a mesenteric hernia two months before her 8th birthday. At the time of her death, she was in foal to Foolish Pleasure and was due to foal on May 1, 1982.

  • Genetic testing will diagnose whether the foal has FIS. There is no effective treatment for the infections that the foal develops; euthanasia is the preferred option.
  • In any crossing of two carrier parents, the statistical probability of producing a solid-colored, living foal is 25%; a 50% chance exists for a frame-patterned, living foal; and a 25% chance exists of a LWS foal.
  • As seen in cattle, horse foals will bunt the mother's udder in order to stimulate milk production.
Werbung
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2024
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!