|NOUN || a major risk factor | major risk factors |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Hypercholesterolemia or high cholesterol is considered a major risk factor in coronary artery disease.
- Hyperlipidemia is the presence of elevated or abnormal levels of lipids and/or lipoproteins in the blood, and is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- A major risk factor for AMD is age over the age of 60.
- Most importantly, marital violence "is a major risk factor for serious injury and even death and women in violent marriages are at much greater risk of being seriously injured or killed" (National Advisory Council on Violence Against Women 2000).
- Impaired kidney function reduces the clearance of GBCAs and is the major risk factor for the development of NSF.
- Gun access is also a major risk factor for youth suicide.
- He was a member of the research team led by Professor Ed Mitchell which provided the first convincing evidence that prone lying was a major risk factor for Sudden Unexpected Death in Infancy (SUDI).
- Cigarette smoking is now established as a major risk factor for both incidence and severity of rheumatoid arthritis.
- The second major risk factor involves more general cardiovascular risk factors.
- Social affiliation during a mild stressor was shown to correlate with lower levels of mammary tumor development and longer lifespan in rats, while lack of this affiliation was demonstrated to be a major risk factor.
- The major risk factor for cancer is smoking. Once a cancer is identified it is staged using scans such as a CT scan and a sample of tissue from a biopsy is taken.
- However, increased interocular pressure is neither sufficient nor necessary for development of primary open angle glaucoma, although it is a major risk factor.
- After screening for various causes, the scientists reported "paan" chewing to be the major risk factor, with or without tobacco.
- Obesity is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease and NGOs such as the Indian Heart Association have been raising awareness about this issue.
- The report cited the common practice as indirect sourcing as a major risk factor in the safety of garment factories.
- The major risk factor for cancer is age, and with the aging of the world population, a major epidemiologic challenge is before us.
- in "Journal of Psychosomatic Research"; "Is depression a major risk factor for coronary disease?
- Injection drug use (IDU) is a major risk factor for [...] in many parts of the world.
- For example, since 2016 its important contributions in cardiovascular disease include demonstrating that it is non-HDL cholesterol rather than merely LDL levels that most accurately reflect risk of heart disease; finding variants in the ASGR1 gene that protect against coronary artery disease; and defining the role of lipoprotein (a) as a major risk factor for heart attack.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!