|NOUN || a murrelet | murrelets |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Jim Creek provides habitat for the marbled murrelet and other threatened species.
- The long-billed murrelet was considered conspecific with the marbled murrelet until 1998, when Friesen "et al."
- The forest contains twice the biomass of tropical rainforests. Marbled murrelet nests have been found in the area.
- The marbled murrelet is considered globally endangered.
- During his travels, Craveri also discovered a new species of murrelet ("Synthliboramphus craveri"), which in 1865 was described, named and dedicated to Federico Craveri and Ettore Craveri by the ornithologist Tommaso Salvadori, in acknowledgment of the fact that the Craveri brothers had enriched the Turin Museum of Natural History with many species of birds of Mexico and California.
- Kittlitz's murrelet, Kittlitz's rail, Kittlitz's thrush and Kittlitz's plover are all named for him.
- Seabird rarities can of course reach Britain from great distances. Amongst the more improbable wanderers to Britain, perhaps the most surprising is the ancient murrelet from the Pacific.
- It is also home to the largest breeding colony for Scripps's murrelet, a threatened seabird species.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!